22 November 2019

NEU member David reports on Creative Curriculums event


On Saturday 16 November, NEU Northern held a CPD session on ‘Creative Curriculums’ led by Nik Jones. Although active in the NEU, I am very new to teaching which meant I went to the session as both a willing helper and attendee. The session provided me with a very inspiring message that I will take with me through my career - we may be constrained by restrictive curriculums, but through creativity we can ‘jump through the hoops’ laid out for us in an inspiring and engaging way. 

As a teacher with middle leader aspirations, this was an incredibly powerful reminder of what we can do as a profession to fight for education for the reasons why we came into the profession - to inspire young people.

The session was well led, highly informative, as well as enjoyable. I would highly recommend this and similar sessions to fellow members of staff in my workplace, professionals in my district, and beyond.

David Moulder
New Professionals and Young Workers Officer, and Vice President
Stockton NEU

No comments:

Post a Comment